A scholarship is a symbol of honor and achievement. Scholarships are capable of changing the recipient’s life. Chevening Scholarship is such a prestigious scholarship offered for professionals. Receiving a Chevening scholarship will help you fully prioritize your academic works and enjoy your life to the fullest, leaving your financial worries behind. The application period for Chevening Scholarship 2021 will open from 3rd September 2020.
What is Chevening Scholarship?
Chevening Scholarships are a UK government global scholarship program for graduate professionals. Funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO), this scholarship is awarded to outstanding graduates with leadership qualities. Recipients of Chevening Scholarship 2021 can study in any university in the UK of their choice without any added condition. A total of 1500 scholarships are offered globally.
What is offered in the Scholarship
Below are the offers by Chevening Scholarship 2021:
- Covers the full expenses of studying a master’s degree in the UK. ( about 18000 pounds)
- Monthly living expenses.
- Economy travel to and from the applicant’s country.
- Arrival and Departure allowance.
- Travel allowance.
Eligibility for Chevening Scholarship 2021
Receiving a Chevening Scholarship definitely is not the easiest. But it is worth a try. If you receive the scholarship, it will open doors to amazing opportunities for you. Check out the criteria of eligibility for Chevening Scholarship 2021:
- Be a citizen of one of the 160 Chevening eligible countries or territory.
- Have at least 2,800 hours or 2 years of work experience.
- Have completed all the necessary requirements to complete an undergraduate degree.
- Applied to at least 3 different UK university courses and have been gotten an unconditional offer from one of the courses by 15th July 2021
- Have fulfilled the Chevening English language requirement by July 15, 2021. But due to the Coronavirus pandemic, The Chevening English Language Requirement has been removed.
- The recipient has to come back to the country of citizenship for 2 years after the scholarship award has ended.
- Refugee status holder in a Chevening eligible country.
The applicant will not be eligible if:
- The applicant has British or dual British citizenship ( except for the citizens of British Overseas Territory and Hong Kong)
- Holder of refugee status in non-Chevening eligible countries.
- Have previously studied in the UK with government funding.
- The applicant is an employee, former employee of the British government, or a staff member of Commonwealth Universities.
How to Apply for Chevening Scholarship 2021?
The applications are currently closed but you can still visit the website https://www.chevening.org/ to check for the information you need to prepare for the application. Once the application opens after 3rd September, you can start the application process fully. The entire process takes about 8 months until you are notified of the result. However, even though the applications are currently closed, you can subscribe to the website and they will keep you updated by sending emails.
The process of selecting Chevening Scholars takes a minimum of eight months from the application deadline to when applicants are conditionally selected for an award. Here is an overview of the application and selection process, so you always know what’s going on.
3 September 2020 : Applications open at 12:00 BST
3 November 2020 : Applications close at 12:00 GMT
The deadline for applications is 3 November 2020 at 12:00 GMT (midday)
4 November 2020: Applications are sifted against eligibility criteria.
Mid-November to December 2020
Early to mid-February 2021: Applicants shortlisted for interviews
Once the embassy/high commission has reviewed the applications that were passed on to them, they produce a shortlist of those who they will invite to interview. Notifications will then follow. Congratulations if you make it this far. To prepare for your interview, please read our interview guidance.
22 February 2021: References and education documents deadline
The deadline to submit two references and education documents is 12:00 GMT (midday). Read about what we require from your references.
1 March to 30 April 2021 : Interviews take place
Candidates from all over the world are interviewed by panels at British embassies and high commissions.
From early June 2021 : Results
After months of preparation and trepidation, the strongest candidates will experience jubilation when interview results are announced from early June onwards.
15 July 2021: Offer deadline
The deadline to receive, and submit at least one unconditional UK university offer is 17:00 BST.
September/October 2021 : Studies begin in the UK
2021/2022 Chevening Scholars commence their studies in the UK, and enter into an international network that they’ll be a part of for the rest of their lives!
We hope the article gives you an idea about the Chevening scholarship 2021. It is a prestigious scholarship to receive. We encourage the meritorious students to apply for the scholarship. Our best wishes are with future applicants.